DEAP3 is a desk-based software used for BER assessments. Support for DEAP3 will be phased out in 2019, as we move to the new DEAP4 software.
About DEAP 3
DEAP 3 can be used for the completion of BER assessments.
Please note that the use of DEAP 3 for publishing BER assessments will be phased out as we migrate to the updated DEAP 4.2.0 online tool.
Download the notice below with key dates regarding the retirement of DEAP 3 and implementation of DEAP 4.2.0
DEAP 3 Resources
DEAP 3 Manual
DEAP Manual (version 3.2.1) must be used by BER Assessors when demonstrating compliance with previous versions of Part L of the Irish Building Regulations or when publishing BER assessments on SEAIs National Administration System (NAS)
Survey Guide v2.1 and Form - January 2012
This guidance and survey form is designed to assist BER Assessors record the survey information necessary for input into the DEAP software.
Terms and Conditions
- By installing and using the Software you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use of the Software.
- SEAI is licensing you to use the Software for the purpose of carrying out assessments using the DEAP method.
- The Software is provided "as is", which means that SEAI takes no responsibility for the Software or its performance or non-performance.
- No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied and to the extent permitted by law all statutorily implied warranties are hereby excluded.
- You use and rely on the Software at your own risk.
- SEAI will not be liable for data loss, loss of profits or any other kind of loss, whether direct or indirect, suffered by you or any third parties, while using or misusing this Software howsoever caused, whether by breach of contract, tort or otherwise.
- If SEAI is held by a court of competent authority to be liable under these terms and conditions of use, such liability shall not exceed €100 (one hundred Euro) only.
- You shall not modify, copy, duplicate, decompile, reverse engineer, reproduce, license or sublicense the Software, or transfer, assign or convey the Software or any right in the Software to anyone else without the prior written agreement of SEAI.
- Any form of commercial use and distribution of the Software is not authorised without the prior written agreement of SEAI.
- Technical support in the installation or use of the Software is only available to registered BER assessors.
- These terms and conditions of use will be governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- The user must read the DEAP software release notes in full prior to installation of the software.